Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Walked

I walked through life like it was fading away
Putting on that plastic smile 
Acting like nothing was wrong
While my heart was breaking all the while

I walked through life as I did each day
“Pretty good” was the response I gave
Put deep within the hurt abounded
Though I’m not sure where it had founded

I walked through life not knowing myself
Sometime not know whether I could make it one more day
No one to build me up, or carry me along
Except Jesus, the answer to my song

I walked though life with Jesus beside
Through around was still a abyss of silence
Struggling through life with only Jesus
That’s all I need I know…

4 comments:

  1. Nice, except for the fact that God hasn't called us to walk alone; but has put us in community of the body of Christ for a reason! Part of dancing with the Trinity is walking in relationship with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked that Trevor! It is very true =)
    ~Miah Coen~

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang. that's a good point - we are never alone no matter how often we feel like it. reminds me of a song in firelight. ;)

    ReplyDelete